Ecclesiastes 2:10-11

I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun. Ecclesiastes 2:10-11

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dreams coming true

On August 3, 2012 I found out that i was pregnant!  This was something I had wanted for a long time, but never thought would happen.   I had prayed for years that God give me a child, but I had not been able to conceive.  Several doctors had told me that I would never be able to have a child, but still i tried multiple drugs and fertility treatments.  I did not want to give up.  With my new life of being a single women again at my age, I had resigned to the fact that this was something I was not meant to expereience.

Kyle and I had discussed the possibility of having children and he understood my plight.  We both desired children and decided that when the time was right we would try and possibly adopt.

God finally answered my prayer with a positive pregnancy test!  It was scary and exciting at the same time.  Kyle was ecstatic and overjoyed.  I was super scared that i would miscarry, since i had once before, but Kyle helped me remain positive.  After all the mere fact that i was pregnant was more than we ever thought possible. 

Fast forwarding in this journey..... I have a beautiful baby girl who is now four months old, and i have a wonderf1ul man who is a great father and will be a great husband! 

So the lesson i learned...  God answers prayers in three different ways: yes, no, and not yet...  This was definitely a not yet for me!  So again i had to learn that God's timing is much better than mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment