Ecclesiastes 2:10-11

I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun. Ecclesiastes 2:10-11

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Butterscotch cookies

As the mid-west was preparing for "snowmegedon" or "snowpocolypse", I decided to bake. In the event that we would lose electricity I wanted to make sure the apartment was already warm. Since our heat is all electric, I was preparing for a cold night. However, I was also really in the mood for some homemade cookies. Then came the big decision of my day...what kind of cookies should I make? Since it has been almost three years since I have had butterscotch cookies, that was the winner. Also, numerous friends of mine had shown interest in the butterscotch cookies, so I will post the recipe at the end of this blog. Hope you enjoy the cookies, I know I have!



Butterscotch cookies

1/2 cup Butter 2 Lg Eggs 1 1/4 cup Flour
1/2 cup Crisco 1 tsp Vanilla 3 cups Oatmeal
3/4 cup Br. Sugar 1 tsp baking soda 2 cup butterscotch morsels
3/4 cup Gran. sugar 1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven 350 degrees

Mix softened butter, crisco, brown sugar, granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, baking soda and salt. Add flour. Fold in oatmeal. Add butterscotch morsels. Place dough in fridge for 10 minutes. Scoop tbsp size balls onto baking stone. Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges start to turn lightly brown. Allow to cool on stone for 5 min and then place on cooling rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment